Saturday 24 July 2010

My favourite gigs this year!

Pavement
So far this year I have attended 43 gigs. Most of these have been in Norwich with the Arts Centre easily being my most attended venue. In January it was amazing seeing Midlake there but even more amazing how the whole band were able to fit on the stage!

The main venue in Norwich is Norwich UEA LCR with the best gig I've seen there this year so far being Hot Chip who put on a quality show with lots of energy. Norwich's second venue is The Waterfront where I saw Kele a couple of week's ago! With a mixture of his solo album and Bloc Party tracks it was a fun night!

In March I saw Grizzly Bear and Beach House at London's Roundhouse. Two brilliant bands at an amazing venue. Everything was out of this world that night!

I got to see Pavement at Brixton Academy in May 15 years after I first saw them at Norwich UEA. They are one of my favourite bands of the 90's and I loved every minute of it!

On 4th July I finally got to see Jay-Z when he headlined the Wireless Festival in Hyde Park. Talk about being in an empire state of mind! One of the greatest hip hop stars ever!

Last Sunday I was at the Latitude Festival where I saw brilliant performances from Dirty Projectors, Midlake, Jonsi and Vampire Weekend among others. There is always a great vibe at Latitude along with loads of great bands!

No comments:

Post a Comment