Thursday 11 August 2011

Field Day Celebration!

On Saturday 6th August 2011 I made my way to Victoria Park in East London for Field Day. This was my fourth visit to the Festival and with seven stages there was plenty to see in Tower Hamlets at this celebration of Alternative Music.

I started the day at the Village Mentality Stage catching Faust complete with electric drill. Willy Mason opened the action on the Eat Your Own Eyes Main Stage with a set that was cooler then TV. This was followed by a set from Junip fronted by singer songwriter Jose Gonzalez.

Mark Kozelek was keeping it quiet back at the Village Mentality Stage while Sun Ra Arkestra were starting a Reggae Party getting us all in a Festival Summer mood. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti put on a weird and wonderful show after which I rushed to the Laneway Festival Stage for the dance beats of Mount Kimbie.

Zola Jesus was in the small Bloggers Delight/Lanzarote tent which was jam packed with loads of people standing outside as she put on a cool performance full of dark overtunes on a cloudy day. John Cale brought us Sixties cool to the Eat Your Own Ears Stage. This was followed by Warpaint who produced one of the highlights of the day with a brilliant set full of atmospheric Post Rock.

As The Coral played a a fun set full of their greatest hits a rainbow appeared in the skies above Victoria Park and everyone forgot about the rain. I made my way back to the Laneway Festival Stage to catch the beginning of The Horrors performance. This was a triumphant moment for the band who seem to be at the height of their powers. I finished my day with the Wild Beasts who got us all dancing with their chiming guitars and memorable songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment