Thursday 7 June 2012

I Got Rhythm brings glitz to Norwich Theatre Royal

On Wednesday 30th May 2012 I was at Norwich Theatre Royal for the Northern Ballet's performance of David Nixon's I Got Rhythm. This was an evening of music, song and dance celebrating the wonderful music of George and Ira Gershwin.

The programme consisted of An American in Paris, The Man I Love, Three Preludes, I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, Cuban Overture, Rhapsody in Blue, Summertime, My Man's Gone Now, I Got Plenty O'Nuttin, Bess You is My Woman and Girl Crazy.

With the Northern Ballet Sinfonia Orchestra on stage with the dancers this was truly a night of glitz and glamour at Norwich Theatre Royal as the Northern Ballet gave us a performance that was full of energy as Ballet met Jazz with brilliant results. I loved it that the Orchestra was on stage in big band style, which made for a spectacular experience. This was a fun production which was greatly enjoyed by the audience as we were treated to the sounds of the roaring twenties along with splendid dancing. I Got Rhythm, I Got Music. Who could ask for anything more.

No comments:

Post a Comment